Monday, August 29, 2016

A Mind for Creating

The things I'm good at aren't taken seriously by the world I live in. I often feel like I don't fit in with society, and that's because I don't. My friends all went to college and are now graduating and starting careers, and I still don't know what to do with my life because the things I'm good at, the things I'm interested in, I can't make money doing. 

When did artists go from high members of society, to starving young people, many who eventually give up and cave into societal standards of success? 
I love to create, and although creativity is something that society says it appreciates, that's hard to believe when there is only so much creativity that is appreciated before it becomes "too creative". 

Free spirits know no bounds to the realm of creating. We explore the universe captured in our minds, and we don't apologize for taking what we see and putting it out for the rest of the world to see.  We want to explore the thoughts, ideas, and beliefs of others in a respectful and loving way, and art allows us to do that. It could be through visual art, music, acting... You name it, we want it. 
I want a world where ideas and thoughts can be expressed through the creative process. 

In my opinion, we live in such a structured society that allows for so much creativity, and as long as you make millions of dollars doing it, you're praised. For those of us that are lost and wondering, trying to find a way to provide for ourselves and families, we are looked at as lazy or unmotivated. 
We live in a society that encourages us to thrive in capitalism, which has good and bad sides, but it really hinders our ability to feel like active members of the world. When I was in school, music and art were where I thrived, but then they were cut. 
I don't have a mind made for math or science... I have a mind made for creating. I have a passion for letting people look into my mind, into my world, and looking into the lives of others. I know I won't fit in, and I know I'm different. I've finally reached a place where I no longer care, I no longer seek approval from those around me. I am happy and confident in my own skin, but I now have the struggle of finding what my place is. How do I become a functioning adult without giving up my core? Exploring the world is easy... Finding where you belong is the hard part. 
Keep creating and wander always
{The Grounded Gypsy}

No comments:

Post a Comment